A crown is usually needed when a big portion of your tooth is missing, if there is a crack or fracture, or to replace old crowns. They can be made from a lot of different materials, such as gold, alloys, and porcelain.
Because dental crowns sacrifice a lot of tooth structure, it should only be done when necessary. Most of the time we do what is called a dental onlay… which is basically half of a crown. Onlays give the tooth a new surface to grind and chew on while saving irreplaceable tooth structure.
In a regular office, a dentist has to outsource to a lab to create crowns/onlays. Patients usually have to wait two weeks with a temporary while the lab finishes the crown/onlay.
At Genuine Dental, we can usually skip the long wait because we make the crown in our own office! The material we use is super strong porcelain; free of any metal! Best of all, this can all be done in one day! Your crown/onlay is planned, designed, and fabricated right in the office using modern CAD/CAM technology! Watch below if you want to see the CAD/CAM machine in action!
Advantages of Our Crowns
- If it breaks, we can just print out another one before you come in!
- No allergic reactions and highly compatible to your body
- A dental crown falling off is a rare occurrence because the our crowns are basically super glued to the tooth!
- Less issues with sensitivity
- No gray look at your gums
- We warranty our dental crowns for 5 years!