Here is a list of some of personal information which we may gather about you:
- Contact information such as your email, home address, ZIP code or phone number. Such items are collected when you sign up or use our online appointment scheduling process.
- Your name, date of birth, insurance information, appointment date and time and family member information. Such items are collected when you use our online appointment scheduling process.
- Your public information, such as comments or reviews that you post on our site. We also collect requests or questions that you publicly post.
- Your demographic information, such as your postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information, such as your location, your IP address, your GPS location and what pages you visit on our site. Such items are collected when you visit our website, affiliated websites, or any other digital property associated with us.
Use of personal information
Here is some of the ways in which we may use your personal information:
- Keeping an internal record for our reporting and analysis purposes.
- Providing you with relevant content, materials, offers, programs and to administer your participation in our contests or sweepstakes.
- Responding to your requests or questions that you may provide via our social sites.
- Improving our website, products, services and other marketing purposes.
- Protecting the office, other patients and our assets and sites and for other security measures.
- Remaining in communication with you with any products or services you requested.
- Scheduling appointments for you, and contacting you via mobile phone text/SMS or e-mail to confirm your appointment.
- Using your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Targeted ads to you based on your past online activity.
We will never sell your information. Any information collected is disclosed to you here and is used as permitted or required by law.
Contacting you using your personal information
Our intention is to only send email communications that are useful to you. When you provide us with your email address as part of the registration or appointment setting process, we will place you on a list of patients to receive informational and promotional emails. Each time you receive a non-transactional email, you will be provided the choice to “opt-out” of future emails. Information which you receive by email will be an unsecure transmission meaning it is possible that information could potentially be exposed while in transmission from our office email server to your email server. If this is not acceptable to you, you will be provided the choice to “opt-out” of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email.
Personal information security
We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
Collecting personal information
Here are some ways we use to collect your personal information:
- When you sign up for a contest or a promotion or register on our website.
- Providing you with relevant content, materials, offers, programs and to administer your participation in our contests or sweepstakes.When you schedule an appointment with us through our office website.
- Through tracking tools, such as cookies, tags and other technologies.
- We may use Google, Facebook, 1-800-Dentist or other sources of advertisement to provide us with information that you voluntarily give them. We may also use information associated with your social media account such as your name, username, email address, gender, profile picture, etc. We may also collect information about your friends or family if you share any of our social content using web tools.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help analyze web traffic or informs when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We transfer cookies to your device to provide you with personalized services and content and to identify which of our sites or pages are of most interest to you. We do, however, recommend that you leave these cookies on as it allows us to provide you with the best patient experience possible through reporting and analysis. By disabling cookies, you will also be prevented from experiencing the entire site as was intended, and we will not be able to personalize our services to you. To disable cookies, please visit your browser’s settings.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Third-parties used to collect personal information
Opting out, or choosing to have data about you removed from marketing data products, will reduce the amount of unsolicited telemarketing, direct-mail and/or email offers you receive from companies with whom you have not done business. It may also reduce the relevance of offers you receive from companies with whom you have done business since our clients use these products to better understand what offers may be of interest to you. You should also be aware that your choice to opt-out will only impact marketers using our marketing data products.
If you wish to inquire about how we are using your personal information and for requests to opt-out, write us. If you live in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with any third parties. Please specify “California Privacy Rights” in the letter. To delete your cookies, please visit your browser’s settings. To turn off push notifications or your GPS locator on your phone, please visit your device settings. To opt-out of email communications sent to you, please refer to the unsubscribe instructions listed on the bottom of the emails we send to you. Please note, that law may require us to comply by disclosing any information that we collect about you.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without expressed permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you feel the privacy of your child has been compromised by our website, please contact us immediately.
The contents of this website are protected by United States and International copyright and trademark law. Any unauthorized use or reproduction of this website is prohibited and may subject a violator to civil and criminal penalties. All rights are reserved.